JP Morgan Chase - Analyst - Credit Risk (1-2 yrs)
Credit Risk - Analyst
- The Analyst position is in the WCR South Asia corporate team which covers Indian corporate clients across a broad range of industries. The role is based in Mumbai.
- The WCR team works closely with business partners across the region in J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) and Commercial Bank (CB).
- Business Partners include Global Corporate Bank (GCB), Debt Capital Markets, M&A, Markets, Treasury Services and Trade Finance. Given the broad sector and client base covered, the team is focused on performing credit analysis on clients as well as structuring and documenting a wide variety of credit products.
Key products include:
- Acquisition debt financings and Leveraged buy outs;
- Bonds (and bridges thereto);
- Syndicated and bilateral loans;
- Corporate derivatives (e.g. FX, interest rate, commodities etc);
- Trade finance including LCs, BGs, supply chain finance;
- Treasury service products including cash management.
- Working capital products
Roles & responsibilities:
- The candidate would be expected to conduct in-depth due diligence processes and to coordinate and produce concise and insightful credit memos with rating and recommendations.
- Track portfolio clients/sectors on a continuous basis and update key stakeholders on material developments w.r.t. their clients/ industry and potential ratings impact
- Prepare annual credit reviews for clients in the assigned portfolio (covering macro overview, industry/sector, regulatory, competitor, business and financial analysis) and recommend any changes required in risk ratings and credit facilities
- Contribute to new transactions in terms of credit analysis, financial modelling, client due diligence, discussions with business stakeholders and accurate setup of client facilities in risk systems
- Monitoring, investigating and escalating risk metrics associated with client activity, including exposure control, covenants tracking, and collateral
- Actively contribute in legal entity matters concerning Credit risk deliverables
- Working on ad hoc team projects
- Build relationships and maintain open communication with credit risk colleagues, Operations, Legal, Middle Office and other stakeholders
Qualifications: MBA from top tier B-school or professional qualification in accountancy
Skills & experience:
- Excellent academic track record; strong finance and analytical skills
- Preferably up to 2 years of credit / research experience
- Understanding of Corporate finance concept is desirable
- Robust understanding of Financial Statements including Ratio Analysis, Cash Flow Analysis, Accounting Standards, Accounting treatment and Financial Adjustments
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interact & build positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Highly motivated with a natural passion to learn; strong sense of accountability and ownership of tasks
- Ability to work proactively & independently as well as in a team environment
- Deadline orientation; organized and responsible; high attention-to-details
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
- We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Note : For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company's redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.